Monday, June 24, 2013

It's been awhile...

Hey there, blogland.  Long time no talk...

This post is kind of difficult for me to write.  There's so much to say but I know I won't be able to express all my love and gratitude and it's still tender in my heart...but I'll do my best.

Alright, so if you haven't noticed I haven't been blogging/instagramming/being happy as much as usual lately.  This is because I have lost my Grandpa.  He was sick for a long time (4/5 years) and the time came where he just couldn't fight anymore and God finally brought him home on Friday the 14th.  And man, oh man was it tough on my entire family.  We (the entire family...we have quite a few out-of-towners) spent every day for five days straight with him in Hospice during his last week.  I woke up, went to work, got out of work, went straight to Hospice, went home, went to bed, and repeated for the next 5 days.  It was exhausting.  By day five I couldn't even think about saying good bye to my Grandpa one more night.  My heart was heavy.  I could hardly eat. It was just so sad to see my incredibly brave and strong grandfather sleeping all day long with my family members crying at his side.


But I'll tell ya what.  I have never said I love you so many times and gave and received so many hugs in my entire life than I did that week.  It was incredible how much love was shared in my family.

The babest of all babes.  Seriously.

This past month has been the hardest month of my little life.  But with all the hardships, also comes gratitude, love and life. Oh, and sharing amazing memories of the man that was loved by SO many people.


I can't even tell you how many people who came to the wake and funeral services to share their love and memories and condolences with me and my family.  It was overwhelming how many people I talked to, shared tears with, hugged, and smiled with.  So many people came who didn't even know my grandpa and with one glance at the pictures spread around the room knew he was an amazing individual and wished they met him.  I still have people coming up to me saying how sorry they are.  And I still choke up when I think about him being gone.  

How can you not smile when you see this guy?!

My Grandpa was loving, supportive, strong, brave, handsome, hilarious, the center of our family.
He will truly be missed.  I love you (more) Grandpa. Always and forever.


And to cheer you up a little here's a picture of all the ducklings that were in Hospice's courtyard...
Beyond grateful for these little babies.  They were an amazing distraction for my family.


xo

2 comments:

  1. So sorry for your loss, sweetie :( Praying for your family!

    ReplyDelete