(I hope you read that post title like Morgan Freeman in the beginning of your favorite TV drama)
SO, as previously stated in my last post, seven months ago, I kinda, sorta want to start doing this thing again, maybe. But I thought it would be a little strange to just hop right back in like nothing has changed, because just about EVERYTHING has changed! So, I thought I'd make a quick post on what's been going on in my little life for the past 2.5 years...
- I moved to sunny Florida for a fourth grade teaching position.
- Hated it. Had no friends. Wondered why I ever moved to Florida. Cried a lot. Drank a lot. BUT stuck it out, because I was determined to whip those mean, sassy children into shape and at least make them slightly better humans. (success)
- Got to know my new city. Dated some duds. Etc.
- Started teaching second grade at the same school. MUCH better. Still sassy, but way cuter and easier to teach.
- Started making new friends. SCORE!
- Finally loving life again.
- Started talking to this handsome, bearded, cat-loving man.
- Then, said handsome, bearded, cat-loving man started seeing someone else and I was basically kicked to the curb. Rude. (Told bearded dude to let me know if it doesn't work out with the other girl because I'll be around ;) )
- Three days later the handsome, bearded, cat-loving man was back and MINE! His name is Michael.
- Fell madly in love with Michael.
- Began attending church again. Michael's church. I was very hesitant at first but actually loved it.
- Traveled to visit family and friends during breaks and on holidays.
- Started renting a house with Michael and our *coughsixcough* cats.
- Began my second year teaching second grade. Loved it even more than the previous year.
- Saved two litters of kittens and found them all homes (including ours...*coughnowwehavesevencough* oops)
- Made more friends!
- Loved life even more.
- Was invited to go on the trip of a lifetime with Michael and his mama to AFRICA!
- Spent my first Christmas away from my beautiful family (so sad, but it's okay)
- Visited family and friends over summer break.
- WENT TO AFRICA! (pictures to come)
- GOT ENGAGED TO THAT HANDSOME, BEARDED, CAT-LOVING MAN NAMED MICHAEL IN AFRICA!
- Started my third year teaching second grade.
And, here we are. I am newly engaged and loving life.
In a nutshell, that's pretty much what has happened in my life the past two and a half years. Life has been pretty darn good. I hope yours has been just as wonderful.