Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Oh....I have a blog?

If you haven't noticed I've been MIA for the past...well, all summer actually.  I don't know what my beef was, I just wasn't interested.  I logged onto Bloglovin' a couple times each summer month, saw that I had about bazillion posts to catch up on my favorite blogs and said uhhhh...no thanks, logged off and that was that.  I don't even have a valid excuse other than pure blog laziness and I guess wanting to be outside-ness.  

But I'm back and just found out that Jenni from Story of My Life is doing another blog challenge and what better way to start blogging again than to jump in head first with a little Blogtember Challenge!

It's very possible I'll fail miserably, like last time, but I'll give it a shot anyways.  Oh, and we don't have to do the challenge on weekends (tg).  Double oh, I'll catch you all up on my summer happenings later.


Tuesday, Sept. 3: Describe where or what you come from. The people, the places, and/or the factors that make up who you are.

I'm going to focus on the people aspect of this prompt because I think everyone around us has the biggest impact on our lives and who we are. SO, where do I come from?
Well to start, which is also the obvious and most important, these beauties...
 my parents, mom and dad, mama and papa bear.
I wouldn't be where I am today without their support, compassion, kind words and unconditional love.
I owe everything to these two wonderful souls.

But of course, they aren't the only ones in my life that have shaped, molded and made me into the little lady I am today.  I also owe all my gratitude to the rest of my big, fat family, all my friends and their families, my handsome boyfriend and his gigantic family, my teachers, neighbors and even all those strangers that I've come to know and those who I haven't had the pleasure of meeting yet.  

Everyone that has guided me, supported me, made me stronger, happier and full of thankfulness, I thank you. Those who have made me cry, laugh, smile, hope, believe, and cherish all of my moments, I love you for that.

 Even you jerks that have made me so angry I wanted to punch your throat, slash your tires and egg your house (kidding...kind of) ...I also thank you for making me the person I am today.  Without your rude remarks, hurtful words and actions, I wouldn't have realized how strong I can be.  You're the reason I learned to keep my composure when all I wanted to do was crumble.  And biggest of all, you taught me that, sure, there are cruel people in this world but for every mean person, there are five warm-hearted people who are worth my while and make me even more grateful for my life today.  So thanks, jerks.

I also want to throw the kindest, most wonderful and sincere shout out to my handsome, late Grandfather who has had a HUGE impact on my life.
Without this charming, lively man I wouldn't have realized just how precious my life and my family really are.  This man taught me to live life to the absolute fullest, have fun and never forget to enjoy a drink or two and dance on table tops.  And that's exactly what I plan on doing.  In his honor. {I love you more, Gramps}

And, also, to you kind strangers that I hope to meet soon, I want to thank you in advance.  Without you I wouldn't have hope for a brighter tomorrow, or hope of making new friends or getting to experience new things.  If you are going to be a part of my life, I have some space in my heart with your name on it.  

So, where do I come from?
Well, the obvious of course, but also from everyone I meet and have yet to meet.
You all shape me into the person I am today and the person I will be tomorrow.
Yes, you.

Thanks for reading.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment