Friday, January 3, 2014

strengths


I'm really not one to talk about myself in a "braggy" way. It makes me really uncomfortable actually. It's much easier to pick out my flaws than what I'm good at. Isn't that kind of sad? Why are people like that? I know I'm not the only one with confidence issues or simply hate this kind of question, but seriously, why do we constantly pick ourselves apart and why does it come so damn easily?  I can make a list of 100 things that I don't like about myself but when I'm asked what I like about myself or what I'm good at, I freeze.  Maybe I'm afraid of seeming "cocky," which isn't me at all, or I'm just afraid that even with telling someone what I'm good at still won't be good enough for them. I just don't know.

But, enough avoiding the task at hand. Things I'm good at would definitely include being artistic.  I really love that I'm good at artsy fartsy stuff. Every single one of my hobbies include the arts in some way.  I'm also a perfectionist when it comes to my art, or anything I do really, which is sometimes a bad thing because I'm usually not completely satisfied with my work.  But with being a perfectionist, you know I'll work my ass off to get everything just right before presenting it.  My work is never sloppy and it's very rare that I just give up.  I'm pretty determined and disciplined that way, which is a pretty good thing.

What are you good at?

_______________________________


This post is part of Toni's New Year Project (button in sidebar! ->)  JOIN US!
Today's prompt is: What are your strengths? What are the things you're good at?

xo

2 comments:

  1. And I'm so jealous of your artsy fartsy talent! Seriously, even my stick people are ugly. :P

    But yeah, it's really silly how it's so easy to come up with stuff we don't like. I'm trying to change my attitude about negatively thinking about myself. I just thought, well, if for some awesome reason I can read minds and know that someone thinks negatively about a friend of mine, I'd give them the bash, because that's just disrespectful. So in an incredibly roundabout way that means... I shouldn't think of myself the way I do because it means I'm disrespecting myself.

    Umm... I think that made sense. I swear, it sounded more sane in my head. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I totally understand! Our minds can be a wonderful or a dangerous place sometimes!

      Delete