Sunday, August 28, 2016

Previously on Where the Love was Found...

(I hope you read that post title like Morgan Freeman in the beginning of your favorite TV drama)

SO, as previously stated in my last post, seven months ago, I kinda, sorta want to start doing this thing again, maybe.  But I thought it would be a little strange to just hop right back in like nothing has changed, because just about EVERYTHING has changed!  So, I thought I'd make a quick post on what's been going on in my little life for the past 2.5 years...

  • I moved to sunny Florida for a fourth grade teaching position.
  • Hated it. Had no friends. Wondered why I ever moved to Florida.  Cried a lot. Drank a lot. BUT stuck it out, because I was determined to whip those mean, sassy children into shape and at least make them slightly better humans. (success)
  • Got to know my new city.  Dated some duds. Etc.
  • Started teaching second grade at the same school.  MUCH better.  Still sassy, but way cuter and easier to teach.
  • Started making new friends. SCORE!
  • Finally loving life again.
  • Started talking to this handsome, bearded, cat-loving man.
  • Then, said handsome, bearded, cat-loving man started seeing someone else and I was basically kicked to the curb. Rude. (Told bearded dude to let me know if it doesn't work out with the other girl because I'll be around ;) )
  • Three days later the handsome, bearded, cat-loving man was back and MINE! His name is Michael.
  • Fell madly in love with Michael. 
  • Began attending church again. Michael's church.  I was very hesitant at first but actually loved it. 
  • Traveled to visit family and friends during breaks and on holidays.
  • Started renting a house with Michael and our *coughsixcough* cats.
  • Began my second year teaching second grade. Loved it even more than the previous year.
  • Saved two litters of kittens and found them all homes (including ours...*coughnowwehavesevencough* oops)
  •  Made more friends!
  • Loved life even more.
  • Was invited to go on the trip of a lifetime with Michael and his mama to AFRICA!
  • Spent my first Christmas away from my beautiful family (so sad, but it's okay)
  • Visited family and friends over summer break.
  • WENT TO AFRICA! (pictures to come)
  • GOT ENGAGED TO THAT HANDSOME, BEARDED, CAT-LOVING MAN NAMED MICHAEL IN AFRICA!
  • Started my third year teaching second grade.

And, here we are.  I am newly engaged and loving life.

In a nutshell, that's pretty much what has happened in my life the past two and a half years.  Life has been pretty darn good. I hope yours has been just as wonderful.


xo

No comments:

Post a Comment