Tuesday, January 8, 2013

T is for Tart

Pretty darn sure I just made my new favorite dessert...ever.  

Fruit filled Cream Cheese Tarts...
BOOM!
SO YUMMY!

And they're sooo easy to make! 
Takes hardly any time at all (other than the one hour the tart dough needs to chill)

I got the recipe from here
(It's a teeny bit different because they tell you to add your favorite filling and cook it for a little less)

So, do you want to know how they're made? 
Well, I hope so because I'm going to tell you whether you want to know or not!

Here's what you need to get started:
The ingredients:
3 ounces cream cheese (a little less than half of the package), softened
1/2 cup butter (or margarine), softened 
1 cup all-purpose flour

THAT'S IT! 
Just three ingredients...my kind of recipe!

Here's what you have to do...
Blend the softened cream cheese and softened butter together.
Next, stir in the flour just until blended
It should look like this when it's all mixed together:

Now pop it in the fridge to chill for an hour! (24 hours max)

*Do whatever you please*

I danced around my kitchen to Matt Nathanson, talked to my brother in a British accent, pet my cats and cut up some yummy fruit to put in the tart!

I chose my favorite berries...
and chopped them up into tiny pieces...

Once my hour was finally up, I preheated my oven to 325*F

and started rolling the dough into 1 inch balls...
then molded them into an ungreased mini-muffin tin!

Next, I threw them (not literally...more like gently placed) into the oven for 20-25 minutes or until very lightly browned.

When I took them out, they were a little too puffy, so I just poked down the puffiness/remolded the tart cups so I could fill them with fruit!

They pop right out of the tin with a little whack on the counter.

Once they cool, fill them with the fruit...
...and add a little topping of your choice! 
(I chose vanilla yogurt)
Whipped cream, pudding, chocolate syrup or nutella would all be wonderful on top as well!

 Last but not least...ENJOY! :)

And there ya have it! My new favorite dessert!

I hope all my friends and family are ready for me to bring this to every party and get together we have!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment