Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Tune Tuesday?

Welp, I knew this day would come eventually...
(just didn't think it'd be the third week in...oops)

I missed posting my Music Monday post.
So this week, it'll be Tune Tuesday,
for the literally two people that read this blog...

Listening to my Jason Mraz Pandora radio station (the perfect station) recently, Mat Kearney's Closer to Love came on and these lyrics made me stop:

If every building falls
And all the stars fade
We'll still be singin' this song
The one they can't take away

Wow.
LOVE these lyrics.

Taking the lyrics out of the song's context...how true is that?!
No matter what happens, music is always there and no one can take it away.
I know many people that say music is their outlet, their passion, their life.
Whether they simply listen to it, make it, or live it, music always seems to save people.

In my personal experience, music has had the power to completely change my mood.
Like, flipping on a light switch.
I may be depressed, in a "blah" mood, or down-right pissed, then that perfect song comes on and 
BAM! Mood, changed.  It's the best feeling.

But anyways, I'm sure you have your fair share of music stories (feel free to share!)
so here's Closer to Love. Enjoy!


"We're all one phone call from our knees"
(Another line from that song that takes my breath away, but I won't get into that now)


Hope your Tuesday is swell!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment