Monday, February 18, 2013

Music Monday: Keller Williams

Can I just say that I'm so very, super-duper excited to share this week's Music Monday post?
Kevin introduced me to this artist a couple months ago and I was in complete awe.
His name is Keller Williams.

He uses a "looping" technique while creating his songs by recording snip-bits of himself playing various instruments in random beats and riffs. He then plays it back so it loops over and over again while he records himself playing other instruments to play on top of the original sound. This technique makes each song more and more intricate as he continues to add more instruments into the mix.
(I hope that makes sense...)

It's absolutely amazing...take a look!



And even more exciting-ness...Kevin's taking me to see him this Friday at the Tralf in Buffalo!
I'm sure I'll have lots of pictures and videos to share next weekend!

Happy President's Day!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment