Sunday, May 5, 2013

Day Cinco de Mayo

Day 5 of Story of My Life's blogging challenge is: Profess your love to one of your blogger friends (or real life friends or even family member!)

Hmm...well. There are a few bloggers (Bonnie, Karissa and Kristyn I see coming to my blog and leaving sweet comments every now and again but I really don't know them all that well.  But I can say I appreciate them whole-heartedly.  Every time I see that they left a comment on one of my posts, it seriously makes my day.  Not even joking.  I'm just starting off with this blogging adventure and I'm sure as heck no Elsie & Emma or Bridget (my all time favorites).  I've made a few friends here and there on social media sights but I really don't think I've come to know them enough to profess my love and devotion to them (haha, that might also be creepy?).  But I do have to say I absolutely love getting to know a little bit about those other bloggers and getting sneak peeks into their everyday lives.

But who I do want to profess my love to is my real life best friends.  We've all been best friends since high school.  Some of us, even longer (Mel and I have been best friends for 17 years...holy crap).  These girls seriously mean the WORLD to me.  They have made me who I am today and I couldn't be more grateful for them.  We've been through some very tough times but, of course, we slapped on some band-aids, hugged it out and here we are.  Literally the best group of friends I could ever hope for.
Our most recent picture all together, I believe.
From our Junior Ball in high school.  I don't have a prom picture because someone was late...*ahem-claire-ahem*
Party in the Plaza!
These ladies would drop everything and anything just to give a helping hand, or a shoulder to cry on. I would do anything for them.  And I don't tell them enough how much they really mean to me (which is a freakin' LOT).  They let me be me and still love me for my ways.  They're my best friends, soul sisters, and guardian angels.  I'm honestly one of the luckiest people on Earth to have so many best friends.

After prom, camping trip to Allegany

yeah, we had a llama themed birthday party. Not ashamed one bit!
We do absolutely ridiculous things with one another, laugh until we cry, take massive amounts of pictures and never grow tired of one another's company.  These ladies are absolutely impossible to forget and I couldn't imagine my life without them in it.  Have you ever heard the quote, "A friend would help you up if you fall but a best friend would laugh, help you up and trip you again" (or something like that) well...that's us.  

All seven us slept in this itty-bitty shed-like cabin. (It's supposed to be for 3-4 people)
"A friend is one who knows you and loves you just the same."

New Years 2012
New Year 2013

My all time favorite picture of us:
The top picture is from high school, the bottom, a recreation, from this past January.

I wouldn't trade these beautiful souls for anything in the world.

"In everyone's life, in some time, our inner fire goes out.  It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being.  We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle our inner spirit." (Albert Schweitzer)  Every time all seven us are able to get together, honest to God, something in me comes alive.  I am BEYOND grateful for having such a tight-knit group of friends like these girls.  They keep me stable, happy and free.  Not a day goes by where I don't appreciate what we have.

Mel, Meghan, Chelsea, Rachel, Kristen and Claire, I love you all with every single part of my being.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment