Monday, June 10, 2013

I don't know what to title this...

I don't have a song for you today (laziness) but I have some pretty pictures I snapped in the courtyard of Hospice this afternoon....

photos edited with AfterLight on my phone

My family has been going through a really rough time these last few weeks.  My Grandpa is very sick.  It is taking everything in me to stay positive about the situation and not blame God.  I know everything happens for a reason and God has a plan.  Maybe to bring my family closer or make us a little stronger or except that maybe death isn't so bad?  It is, after all, part of every one of our beautiful lives.  But to conflict so much pain and suffering on one person has been heartbreaking.  My grandfather is a beautiful, beautiful soul and I can't stand to think about life without him.  But even through his last few days, I've walked around and noticed how beautiful this world really, truly is.  Like the above photos, taken after a rain fall, capture the simplest and prettiest of all the beauty this world has to offer.  Flowers, something most of us take for granted after the first week or two of Spring, are still blooming and thriving all around us.  Even baby ducklings (more photos coming soon on them) in a Hospice courtyard are a major blessing for my family.  They're taking our mind off of things and melting our little hearts with their waddling tail feathers following their mama and huddling together in a big baby duck pile up.  It's the smallest things that mean the most sometimes.

So with all that said, do me a HUGE favor and hug a little tighter, love a little deeper, laugh a little louder, overuse the words I love you, count your blessings every single day and cherish all the people in your life.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment