Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Reminiscing...


Exactly one month ago I participated in The Color Run.
If you have never heard of it before it's basically the coolest thing ever.  
It's an un-timed 5k race where you are doused in a colored powder every kilometer. 

Our before and after picture...
10,000 people participated in Buffalo and by the time we were rounding the finish line we were the most colorful, happiest, and probably the most exhausted bunch of Buffalonians ever.

Everyone participating and helping out with the run was SO supportive and motivated you to keep on moving.  It was a breeze to get through with everyone cheering each other on, giving high fives and giving words of encouragement.
Along with the shirt and headband that you get in your Color Run package, they also give you a small packet of your own colored powder to throw up in celebration at the end of the race.  Every 15 minutes the workers handed out more powder packets, counted down and everyone got to throw their powder in the air.  Seriously, SO cool.
You can also see my Instagram video of the after-run party here!

The Color Run is also known as The Happiest 5k on the Planet for obvious reasons...


My carload of friends and cousin went to get a bite to eat at a Tim Hortons after the run and we got many strange looks and comments.  I was on a high all day long.  It was the absolute best.  I would do it again in a heartbeat.  

xo

PS- I finally got to cross something off of my list!

8 comments:

  1. So much fun! Last fall I ran the Color Me Rad 5k, which is essentially the same thing. It was my first 5k and it was such a blast, I don't know if I'd ever want to run a regular old 5k now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you...what's the point of running without getting powder thrown at you?!

      Thanks for commenting :)

      Delete
  2. Oh! I am doing the color run in Houston next month.. Your photos have got me motivated for it again!
    Thanks!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad I could help! You'll have a blast!!

      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  3. I took part in a color run in Philly in July and loved every second of it! if you wanted to check out my post on it, you can find it here: http://www.nicolemarica.com/2013/07/color-run.html

    thanks for helping me relive my experience at the color run :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome! I'm going to check out your post now!

      :)

      Delete
  4. I must have been so invigorating to have participated in something like this. Kudos to you!

    Wishing you a wonderful and beautiful Wednesday Samantha filled with positivity and smiles.

    ~Keith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Invigorating is the perfect word. Thank you so much Keith!

      Delete