Monday, January 14, 2013

Music Monday

You've heard it a million times...Mondays suck, right? Right.  Weekends are way too short.  There should be a day between Saturday and Sunday.  Why it Monday so far from Friday, but Friday is so close to Monday?  It goes on and on...

To make not only my day a little cheerful, but hopefully yours too, I want to start sharing a song each Monday.  It may be a new song, an old song, a song you've heard a million times, or a song you've never heard before. It may be a song written and sang by a friend or my hunky boyfriend. It may be a song with no words, or too many words.  It may be a cover or an original.  It might make you think or dance.  Maybe it'll make you smile or laugh or cry.  You may hate it or you may absolutely love it. 
 I just hope it makes your Monday just a tiny bit better.

My favorite artist has been Jason Mraz since middle school when I was swooned by his deliciously wonderful voice singing The Remedy.  He has continued to inspire me to be a better, more loving and "greener" individual throughout the years (more on this in a future post).

Anyways!
My very favorite lyric of all time, from any artist, song, or poem is:

"I'll remember where the love was found"


This lyric is from Jason Mraz's Plane, which is the song I'm sharing today.
This is also why I named my blog, "Where the Love was Found."
It has so much meaning in my life for many, many reasons which I hope to share with you someday.
(I even thought about getting this line tattooed on my body somewhere...and still might!)

But for now, here's Jason doing what he does best...

I picked this video because I was at this show in Toronto in September.
It was the most spectacular performance of the song I have ever seen.
I got goosebumps, a lump in my throat and I may or may not have cried a little...
It was not only audibly phenomenal, but visually as well as the stage's backdrop explodes with an emotional lightshow.  It absolutely took my breath away.

Beautiful. Beautiful. Beautiful.

I love this man.


Thanks for reading and letting me gush over Jason.

=}

xo
Samantha Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment