Thursday, May 2, 2013

A Blogging Challenge...?!!?

Sooo...I noticed a couple of the blogs I read have mentioned a blogging challenge these last couple days aaand I'm joining them.  Story of my Life created a Blog Everyday in May challenge which really sparked my interest.  I may be a little crazy for even thinking I can complete this challenge but...what the hell! Why not give it a shot?

Now, I should warn you, I by no means call myself a "writer."  I made this blog in hopes to share and document my life, like a little journal, with friends that live further away and those who I can't share my everyday life with on a daily basis.  I wanted to share my hobbies, craft ideas, my art, my photography and maybe even make a friend or two along the way.  I'm hoping this challenge will make me think, give me a new outlook on some topics and more importantly, help me write.  

I know I'm starting a little late, but hey, as many people say, better late then never!

So, here goes nothing, friends!

Day 1: The story of my life in less than 250 words!

I was born and raised in the Buffalo, New York area on March 29th, 1990.  I'm a lover of cats, anything artsy, stars, reading, watching sunsets, camping, dreaming, beautiful words and beautiful things.  I'm a daughter, sister, cousin, girlfriend, nanny, teacher and friend.  I graduated from SUNY Fredonia with a degree in Early Childhood and Childhood Education.  But even more importantly than receiving that degree I became closer with some friends and made a life-long soul mate/lesbian lover/best friend/father of my kitty, Anne, who I seriously couldn't live without.  But in all seriousness I'm a lucky SOB that found my true soul mate right down the road, a childhood friend, in Kevin Michael, who I cannot wait to marry and grow old with.  My family and friends (and cats) mean the world to me.  I'm slowly embracing change in my life and I'm ready for a grand adventure.  The words I live by and whole-heatedly believe are: Everything happens for a reason.  I'm learning to appreciate every thing and person that comes into my life.  Good and bad.  I'm just a 23 year old living day to day to the fullest of my wonderful, happy life.

cousin Jake, me, Aunt Laurie, cousin Sara
cousin Sara, brother Pete, cousin Jake and me at my favorite place on Earth: Grandpa's cabin

Okay, that was a lot harder than I thought it would be and I feel like I probably left out a lot of information.  Now I'm a little nervous for this challenge...

But I can do this!!

xo

1 comment: