Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Taking care of me

Today, Toni asks what are the things you do to take care of yourself?

There are a few things I do to take care of myself both physically and mentally.  

Physically:
I can be a pretty lazy person. I honestly hate working out but I love how I feel afterwards. I feel good about myself. I feel confident. And I love that sore feeling the next day. But I'm one of those people that wants to see results right away to be 100% content. And obviously it doesn't work like that...
*Does 10 sit-ups, checks for abs...*
damnit.
 In the summer I'm very active.  I love going for walks or runs and swimming has always been a favorite of mine.  But in the winter I don't workout very often.  I get frustrated and depressed in the winter. I hate the cold and being stuck indoors. I have an elliptical in my basement so I'll occasionally go on that in the winter but I get so bored walking in place. I'd much rather be outside, seeing different sights, taking a different trail or road I've never been on. 
I know it's so important to exercise and I do do it, even if I have to force myself.  If I notice I put on a few pounds I get the motivation to get rid of it. I found that if I'm working towards a goal, like running The Color Run, it makes working out worth while and so much easier. If only I could muster up the motivation to exercise everyday, that'd be pretty awesome.
My very favorite way to stay fit and at peace with my body is through yoga.  I have a few yoga dvds that I try to do a couple times a week. It's so relaxing and beneficial to both your mental and physical health. 

Mentally:
I love reading, doing crossword puzzles and other daily puzzles in the newspaper. If I'm unhappy in a relationship I try to fix it or get out. I try to see the good things in a situation and try to remember that everything happens for a reason.  And most of all, I practice gratitude. Every. Single. Day.


What do you do to take care of yourself?

xo

That gif of honey boo boo makes me want to go for a run.

No comments:

Post a Comment