Today The New Years Project asked us to share 5 things you love about yourself.
I mentioned in my strengths post that I hate talking about myself in a "braggy" way but Toni had an awesome approach to this post that I just had to share and use while thinking about this topic. (Toni lives in New Zealand so I see her posts a day before I actually write my own post about the same topic)
While writing about today's prompt Toni asked herself "would I go out with me? why?"
Okay, that seriously made this a hell of a lot easier to write...
1. I'm hilarious. Just joking. Kind of. But I do have a great sense of humor and think I'm kinda funny sometimes.
2. I'm compassionate. Once I get to know you, and if I decide I actually like you, I will truly care about you. If you have a bad day, I'll want to fix it. If you're angry or sad, I'll try my damnedest to make you smile. If something awesome happens in your life, I'll want to celebrate your kick-assyness.
3. I'm super grateful. I try to see the positive in almost any situation. Everything happens for a reason, right? Right. Just remember that life goes on and it could be worse.
4. I'm artistic. I love my creativity and ability to draw, paint, sew, etc. And if you're a friend/family member/boyfriend you will most likely receive a homemade gift or two. And you better love it.
5. I also really love my eyes. I don't know if this post was supposed to be strictly character traits but I really like my eyes. I could stare into them all day. That's a joke. But I do get a lot of compliments on them, so yeah.
So, I think the real question here is...would you date me?
Please don't answer that. Unless it's a yes, then...call me ;)
Ps- remember my post about change two days ago and how I said I'm getting pretty good at just accepting change because it's going to happen whether I like it or not. Yeah, well, my mom rearranged the furniture in the living room for the first time in, like ever, and I'm not a fan. At all.