Today is the very last day of Toni's New Year Project!! And I'm about to hop up on my kitchen table and do a little dance because IIIIIIII did it! Of course there were a few days where I was late with posting but I swear to God Almighty that I had already written most of the posts and just forgot to post them. I sweeeaaaaarrrrr!
Today Toni asks: what have you learned this past month and what are you looking forward to for the rest of the year?
Well, my friends, I've happily learned quite a bit.
1. I can actually complete a challenge (almost, pretty much, for the most part, yeah, I did, guys)
2. Sometimes people seriously suck. And if those people are bringing you down that much where it's all you think about and it's not only effecting your mood but other people's moods around you...FIX IT AND MOVE ON. I've sadly let boys
stupid actions effect my mood a lot this month and then one night as I was thinking about the whole situation (last Friday to be exact...) I asked myself (while drinking lots of wine) WHAT AM I DOING?! Why am I letting these people that have been in my life such a short while bring me down like this? They're simply not worth it. So I said SAYONARA SUCKERS and moved on. It was hard at first, but with a little pep talk from my bestie, I was on top of the world.
3. My happiness depends on ME and only ME. Happiness is a choice. If I'm feeling miserable there are steps I now take to turn my mood and attitude around. Sure, other people play a huge role in how happy I am, but in the end, it's all up to ME. And I choose happiness.
4. I need to stop being so conscious of all my flaws and start focusing on how great my life, my attitude and body really is. I look in the mirror and see love handles, bingo arms, and acne galore when I should be paying more attention to two functioning arms and legs, a noggin with a perfectly stable and educated mind, a strong heart, a set of lungs and all those other beautiful guts that are in perfect health. I am a perfectly healthy weight for my height, all my senses are in check and working wonderfully, I love my eyes and long legs and I am happy.
5. I am probably one of the most grateful people I know. Seriously, I hear people complain about the silliest things or get angry over something that is such an easy fix. Oh, your faucet is leaking? Well, some people don't even have homes to complain about. You forgot to transfer your laundry from the washer to the dryer? Yeah, some people don't even have an extra pair of clothes to wash. Oh, your coffee maker is broken? There are people in this world that don't even have clean water to drink.
I try take a bad situation and search for the good things that could be found in it. I remember that everything happens for a reason and some day it'll all make sense. Don't get me wrong, I complain about things too but then I tell myself: THINGS COULD BE SO MUCH WORSE.
I am so grateful that I decided to participate in this challenge this month to get my year started off on the right foot and I can't wait to see what else 2014 has in store for me.
Happy weekend, friends.